We are the Horsley Family!!!

Established June 9th 2007.... Always and Forever... No matter What :)






“If you are still in the process of raising children . . . be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will

-to your surprise- miss them profoundly.”



President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our newest addition... Tracelyn Janet Horsley

On Saturday, April 14th, my water broke around 4 pm... Charlie and I headed over to the Birth Sweet around 6 pm and settled in. My midwife, Liz, showed up a few hours later. By 10 pm I was in active labor but only at about 4-5 cms. At 11:30, while I was laboring in the bath tub, my midwife said, do you want this baby on the 14th or the 15th? I was confused because I was still only measuring at a 5, but I said Let's have this baby Now ;) At 12:07 am, they laid my baby on my chest and the first thought that popped into my mind was 'Oh, a mini Taigyn' LOL Tracelyn weighed in at 7 lbs 1 ounce and was 19 inches long.
I'm not going to lie... having an All Natural birth (I had her on the floor of my room there) was Not easy and I'd probably never do it again, but it was So worth it and made me feel like I could do anything. The labor and birth was the most Intense thing I've ever done... I never thought I'd be one to scream, but I did ;) I'm just So grateful that I've already forgotten most of the feelings that seemed like they would haunt me forever.
We called my Dad and Sherrie a little after the birth and they were so excited that they came over in the wee hours of the morning... Pretty cool :)
She's so beautiful! We feel So blessed to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Jen said...

You're so funny! My SIL, Haley, said the same thing about giving birth naturally -that although she loved it, and it was exhilarating, she would never do it again. ;) Isn't that sense of personal accomplishment awesome? I'm a screamer too. The first time I had a baby, and screamed, the nurse ran to the door as fast as she could, to get it closed. The next four go'rounds, I warned the nurses that they might like to close the door as soon as the pushing starts. ;) Congrats, Janacy. She's gorgeous & good job on the natural delivery.