Last week, I signed Trisadee up for swimming lessons and thought it might be a good idea to let her try out a day camp prior to them to just let her get a feel for the water. On Tuesday, her first day, she was a little apprehensive about getting into the water :( The age group she was in was 5 - 7 year-olds and she was the only five year old... she looked so small and out of place. When they all had to get into the water, she started to cry... She rushed back to the grass area, by mommy, and said, 'I don't want to go in the water.' I tried to make light of it and explained that she wanted to come and that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to do, but should at least give it a few more tries before bagging it and heading home. The cute high school, lifeguards were really good with her and soon she was laughing and having a good time. It just took a little coaxing by mom a few times to get involved. Being the over-protective mom that I am, I stayed for the first hour before running my errands. When I got back, she was Really enjoying herself and being the spunky little girl that we love :)

Since then, I've tried to cut my time down and tomorrow we've agreed that I'm only walking her in and then coming to pick her up... It runs from ten to noon.
She's had a blast these last three days.... Luckily, Martha Gubler has invited us to come over on Thursdays for the rest of the month and swim there... That will hopefully keep her used to the water until her lessons start later this month.


Between Day Camp and Dance lessons, Taigyn and mommy have been running around in the car a lot together... So, to switch things up, I started putting her in Trisadee's car seat (making sure to make the proper adjustments) since she was fussing each time we'd get into the car.
This way makes her feel so big and neat... She's definitely old enough and weighs enough to fit in this forward facing seat... I'm thinking it's getting to be about time to make the switch soon :) Such a BIG girl!!
Also, to note, Taigyn has been such a trooper at adjusting to weaning off the boobs ;) We're now down to early morning and night feedings only... It's exciting but almost sad to see her growing up...
No comments:
Post a Comment