We are the Horsley Family!!!

Established June 9th 2007.... Always and Forever... No matter What :)






“If you are still in the process of raising children . . . be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will

-to your surprise- miss them profoundly.”



President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our little hurricane in Hurricane

Just a few days ago, on Saturday, as I was trying to get the baby down for her nap, I started to hear what sounded like rocks hitting the windows.. Hard!! When I looked out the window I saw Tons of tiny little pieces of hail Everywhere...



I took these pictures at the beginning of the storm, and it got worse before it got better...


Our poor mat for the back door was completely soaked and it's quite a ways up from the grass and even sloped uphill...




This picture was taken by St. George dispatch... it's in the direction of Hurricane and was reported to have ripped off a roof in our town... I'm glad I didn't see this when it was storming... I probably would have freaked out instead of just being in awe of the storm (which aren't usually this event-ive in this town)



Our area is nestled next to a mountainside, and it was not even visible for some of the storm... this pic isn't even close to how thick it looked.



Lucky for us, our home is up higher and slopes down to the road...



... our poor road became a little river



The aftermath is still visible out our front window... Thick dirt is crusted to the road and now that the wind is blowing at 30 mph today, is making quite a stir of dust



What a fun little area we live in... never a dull moment ;)

2 comments:

Sunshine of Seven said...

That was an Incredible Storm! I love your pics!

And, Just swing by sometime, really-
Let's Do It:)

the duttons 411 said...

My dad told me about the funnel. I'm glad you got a pic. I was wondering about that. Crazy!