
So, last night, while making a killer dinner, that I was Quite excited about (one of those that take a lot of preparation)... I was opening up a can of beans, when... I sliced open my finger... it was bleeding pretty bad and I yelled for Tris to get Charlie... then I started to feel woozy and thought I'd kneel by the sink while the cold water was rinsing it..
Then I was dreaming and woke up to a fuzzy picture of my baby screaming right by me as I was lying on the kitchen floor... and Tris looking Really freaked out... YES, I was a Pansie and passed out LOL (Never done that before) But it was honestly hurting and I guess I'm not good with blood when it's my own. I tried to sit up and couldn't see well, even after Charlie handed me my glasses that fell on the floor... everything was cloudy... and I was sweating like a Mad Cow LOL
Trisadee was upset and worried and when I looked at her I noticed a splatter of blood across her face :( and on her new school shirt (that I actually got OUT... Yay!!.. my white shorts didn't have as much success) After a few minutes and some water, I was feeling a little better and Aubrey came to watch the girls while we ran down to the clinic before it closed.
The worst part of it all was the six shots I got in my finger to make the dang thing go numb... I had to get my first stitch with feeling in the finger before they realized I needed more :) This was my first real injury... never had stitches or anything before.
To top the visit off, I had to get a tetanus shot... Yay :) I actually didn't even feel it... DeAnn is amazing at giving shots!

It's been a little over 24 hours since my adventure and I must say, it is DANG hard to do so many simple things while having this big blob in place of my finger LOL I'm right handed so it's pretty challenging to do all my daily tasks as a lefty.... going potty, bathing kids, Changing Diapers!!, showering, cleaning, Working (ten-key is Hard)... are all Not fun and actually Really hard to do :(

So, tonight I was changing my dressing and as I was unfolding the gauze around my finger, I painfully realized that the gauze was Stuck to one of my stitches (had Five btw) and it actually tugged it hard enough to make it pull out some... OUCH!!! I won't write what I said... My poor kids LOL
Now I have a big gap in my sore and it looks Gross... I hope it still heals ok

I was SO afraid to rewrap it in gauze again, especially when it Really hurt to just wrap it again... but Charlie was the Parent in the situation and Made me LOL
I was being a wimp... but it's ok because how often do the mom's get to do that... not saying that I got the attention that I give my husband and kids, but whatever ;) LOL

(sorry for flipping you all off all this time) :D


3 comments:
hand injuries FREAKING STINK!! i sliced my pinky once while cutting an apple when we were first married. dave left me at the sink running cold water over while he quickly got dressed...and i nearly passed out. i felt fine and was just watching the water and then all of the sudden i was feeling light headed...dave grabbed me a chair and i was able to regain my bearings. i did end up having stitches. passing out is WEIRD-and a little peaceful :) glad you are okay-SORRY you have to deal with the aftermath and its effects :)
oh yikes. Im cringing at the thought of shots in your poor little finger. I would flip everyone off too if someone poked me with a needle.
I should have paid attention to your gross warning because I feel woozy just reading it. Ouch. I hope it heals fast because I can only imagine how hard it is to get things done with that on your finger.
Post a Comment