We are the Horsley Family!!!

Established June 9th 2007.... Always and Forever... No matter What :)






“If you are still in the process of raising children . . . be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will

-to your surprise- miss them profoundly.”



President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Letting them grow



My girls have got attitude... I wonder where it comes from? ;)






Taigyn is growing up too fast for my taste... she's in the exploring stage... where everything is new and exciting... I love it... just making cookies fascinates her :)











I've always thought I was a great mom when it came to really trying to protect my children... yet, my husband brought up, the other day, that I've got to give our kids some room to grow and 'try' things that I might not be really excited about. He's SO right... Taig is 20 months now and I was Still feeding her at meals... I was just so used to it, that it didn't seem strange to me that my almost two year old hadn't ever had the chance to really feed herself at meals.
I guess it was to keep messes away, or keep her from over-stuffing her face LOL Which she does... and ends up gagging LOL
And then there's Trisadee... she got this scooter for Christmas and I still hadn't let her go outside with it... so we did :) I just love my girls and think of them as delicate little people...

It's hard to realize that I've got to let them learn on their own... watch them fall and get hurt... make messes of their lives... and just Be there for them when they need their mom...


1 comment:

Holli said...

It is really hard to watch your kid make their own decisions, especially when you know they are gonna end up getting hurt or sad from it. It is really hard to let go, and you are a great mom for loving them so much to do everything to keep them safe, but the husband is also right. Darn, don't you hate when they are right!