Almost two weeks ago, I was up with Taigyn with a pretty bad fever... nothing was really touching it as far as medicine goes, but after a few hours with some peppermint oil (essential oil) in the right places, it finally broke and I was able to get some sleep. After that, I decided that I should probably take her in to be seen because I was noticing that she would cry a little when she'd go potty in her diaper... so I thought maybe a UTI...
She was put on a strong antibiotic... I wasn't really excited about this because she'd never been on any before, and I'm just more into the natural approach, but I was told that her ear was a little pink so it needed to be strong antibiotic in order to cover both problems... well, that's when the real problems began.
Poor little Taigyn's butt was Raw and Nothing (not pink swizzle or anything) was touching it... then about six or seven days in, I noticed that she was breaking out in a rash... SO, I took her in Again and was told to stop the antibiotic (it'd been day 9 by then) and apply More of the Swizzle.
That's when I decided I wasn't going to do things that way anymore... I went over to the health food store and got her some probiotics/acidopholus and colostrum and flushed her with those and some oils.
... Then I went to Walmart and got these Fabulous cloth diapers LOL They are horrendous but those along with a while of nakedness and bare butt napping (and some pee pee floors) And with the other things I was flushing her out with... and her rash and butt rash were gone in less than a day. *sigh* I tell ya... I'm just more into the natural route... works better every time... makes me mad when I get impatient and just rush to the doctor and then make a bigger problem... but you learn, and for me, I just have to know what to treat anyway... so the Dr's give me something to go on...

Taigyn loved being naked LOL She's been learning to pose for the camera from Tris, don't you think? ;)
BUT she hated the cloth diapers :D You can see from the pics that she wasn't really happy about wearing them... but they worked and are good to have on hand for food storage stuff :)


2 comments:
sad! It is the worst when they are sick....I wouldn't even know where to begin doing natural things?
I am with you when it comes to natural remedies. Always works better in my family. Have you heard of Bach Flower Remedies? I use them and love it!
Post a Comment