As I was on Pinterest, I noticed a pin on potty training... I read it and thought I could give this challenge another try :) We got Taigyn a chart with Dora on it...

.. and a potty... she picked it out, kinda ;) I coaxed her a bit on getting this one. Who really needs one with all the music and stuff? I did that with Tris and Boy did it get annoying fast LOL


Doesn't she look excited!?? ;) She was So sick of me making her stand there for pics.
It's always good to have one of these photos to use as blackmail later, right? ;)
But seriously, who doesn't have a cute bum photo??

We started out in front of the TV to let her relax and get the feel of how it feels to go ON the potty...

... so I gave her a juice box and about 20 minutes later she went pee... Yay!

She was over the whole sit-on-the-potty-the-whole-time, so I let her pull up her panties and sit next to it... asking and asking every few minutes if she needed to sit on the potty and go pee. She was getting annoyed after a few minutes, and I seriously was too, but it was necessary. I made her get on a few times and after an hour..... She peed on the carpet, on her panties and socks (squatting... I should have seen the signs)... and this was just a few seconds after asking her to sit on the potty and she said she didn't need to go.
Being the pregnant mom I am, I got a little upset and cried for a sec... but we cleaned up the carpet and let her go without anything on for a while.
Charlie suggested bringing out the PullUps (which I think are a waste) and I did... but she just pooped in them even when I asked if she needed to go... She's not getting it STILL!! And every time she kept asking for a treat afterwards and crying for another juice box, but I had to try to explain that the treats are Only for when she Goes in the Potty. Do you think she's too young?? I don't know...
I even resorted to letting her play games on my phone to keep her on the potty. I didn't realize til I was editing these pics that I got a shot of her privates OOPS! Good thing I had this cute heart to cover it up ;)
BUTT, she only peed in the potty that one time... I gave up by nap time and put a diaper on...
I hate potty training LOL


4 comments:
How old is she Janacy? I know it would be easier NOT to have two kids in diapers, but since it's so close to the new baby coming I would imagine she would regress when the baby comes anyway. I would continue to encourage her, and offer her rewards, but let it be her choice for now. Let us know how things work out.
She will be turning 3 soon after the baby comes...
That's a good idea. I thought about the whole regressing thing.
Thanks, Robin! :)
Trust me, it's much easier to potty train them when they're ready, and it doesn't sound like she's ready. Most of my kids (with the exception of Roxie) were not potty trained until the age of 4 (but I'm not a pusher). I'm sure you would like to have this all behind you by the time the baby is born, but in my opinion, it is much easier to clean up with a poopy diaper than it is to clean up poopy panties. And, if she's still in diapers, and you have a baby in diapers, just think of me...when we got custody of Kelly, Tajia & Colby, we had Asher, Tajia & Roxie all in diapers at night, and Colby in diapers all day. :P Good luck, mama!
I feel your pain. Lilly shows very little interest too. Sometimes she cries when I have her sit on the toilet. I don't want going to the bathroom to be tramatic so I'm not pushing her hard though I would LOVE to have her out of daipers. I'm trying to patient with the 'when she's ready mantra'.
Post a Comment