We are the Horsley Family!!!

Established June 9th 2007.... Always and Forever... No matter What :)






“If you are still in the process of raising children . . . be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will

-to your surprise- miss them profoundly.”



President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My favorite holiday

My favorite holiday is the Fourth of July... it was the last time that I spent with my mom 13 years ago... That summer I was 19-years-old. I remember that we three kids went up to David & Mom's cabin near Panguitch Lake.... I remember going to a local town's celebration and dance later that night and then watching the fireworks from the baseball field... I haven't been up there since... but recently I was in contact with David and he offered the boy's and my families open access to the cabin whenever he or his family isn't up there. I'm hoping to get something together soon and either get us All up there or at least take my little family up there and share my memories with them.



This year we were lucky and got to celebrate the 4th on the 3rd and 5th since the actual day landed on a Sunday. In my previous posts, you see that we went to LaVerkin for the Saturday celebration over there and then had a cookout and fireworks at Dad's.









Fun Stuff! Little Mills (Amelia) kept running to the door to get inside... some of the fireworks scared her ;)






Monday, we woke up early to be ready to get a decent spot for the Hurricane City parade...




I brought milk, cereal, and cereal bars for the girls to munch on while they waited.



We met Trisadee's Grandpa Braley, aka Barry, there and he spent the whole day with us up until the fireworks at night. He really is an amazing grandfather to her... I guess he helps make up for the lack his son gives.





Trisadee had fun doing lots of games and winning fun little prizes... Daddy was such a good helper ;)







Tris was pretty excited to ride a pony and kept saying she'd be a cowgirl when she grew up LOL



They pony was Pres David Hirschi's... he is an amazing man... without his time with us as our bishop, we never would have progressed to our eternal family as fast :) Love that man!




We had some fun times... We got to swim at the city pool for free... and later enjoyed watching the fireworks from the grassy field by the cemetery... Great memories... and many more to look forward to :)

1 comment:

bethany said...

Darling. She will be an adorable cowgirl.