We are the Horsley Family!!!

Established June 9th 2007.... Always and Forever... No matter What :)






“If you are still in the process of raising children . . . be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will

-to your surprise- miss them profoundly.”



President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

My birthday in Vegas


On my birthday, I woke up to some pretty awesome homemade gifts (my favorite) and this cool sign that Trisadee made for me.  It's hard to see but she even drew me looking pretty awesome in my glasses ;)


We got up, waited for Hollyann to come over, and took off to Vegas... when we got to the hotel, it was kinda crazy but the manager of the place was an old friend from high school... Kenny Oliver.  
My kids found this area in the lobby and decided it looked like an awesome stage to put on a show ;)


We settled into the room and before we could even sit down, Taigyn had this little spot on the couch claimed with her stuffed animals, throat drops and fake candle.... LOL
I honestly don't know where she got the candle but I did let her pack a little bag for herself of her 'necessities' ;)



For dinner, we went to Cheesecake Factory... 


... it didn't disappoint ;)





OLAF!!! (Don't mind the nasty truck photobombing our pic) 


Minion!!! LOL  Kids were afraid of him... Taigyn wouldn't even come close ;)


This had a turtle shell so I liked it









The next night, Charlie drove down to take me out to dinner after he got off of work.  We went to the Bellagio and the gardens were themed the Chinese year of the Goat.  It was beautiful!


We walked around for about an hour, looking for somewhere 'nice' to eat... we went down an escalator to an exclusive restaurant called Prime.  They usually only let those with a jacket enter but since it was slower, they let us in... It was FANCY!!!

We were both floored by the prices and the beauty and TASTE of the food but you only live once, right??

We had three different waiters for three different purposes... it was cool but felt kinda strange having so many people watching us and seeing when we 'needed' anything ;)


This was my pear beet salad... it was pretty and good ;)


You can't see the artwork behind Charlie that well, but it was supposed to be expensive... I'm not an art person, but I didn't see what was so amazing about it ;)


A lady even came around taking professional pictures of some of the couples... apparently we were one of the chosen and since it was my birthday and I loved the picture, Charlie got them for me too...
Yes, I'm spoiled


I went to the bathroom three times because it was so pretty with real hand towels and great smelling lotions ;)  I also went that many times because there was four different courses to the meal and we took our time eating and enjoying the calming atmosphere.



Our escalator ride back up from Prime.  So pretty


We decided to be tourist and watch the water show out front before heading back


Charlie drove all the way back home that night and got stuck in the gorge for a while... Oops... It was one of the funnest nights I've had in a long time though and he didn't complain... best birthday from the best husband :)


The next morning we met up with Joe, Luke, Jazzmyn and Jules at mom's grave to pay our respects.  When I went to pick up flowers, I got the girls some bubbles so they wouldn't be too bored.  They worked out great while we waited for Joe & Luke to show up.






I got mom some pretty purple flowers... purple was her favorite color.



Jules wasn't really excited about getting a picture  ;)


Then we drove down by Fremont Street and went to the container park... it's pretty cool





Kids had fun






Taigyn and Jules have a pretty special bond... they just love each other... 




Tris made this awesome house... good shade spot for everyone ;)


See, they love each other ;)




Before heading back the next day we went to lunch with Luke and his kids... it was a good birthday trip!

No comments: